GPAG Mandate & Means
The Gibsons Public Art Gallery exists to operate for the perpetual benefit to citizens of, and visitors to, British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast by:
- exhibiting and displaying works of art
- purchasing, acquiring, or exchanging works of art
- accepting gifts, bequests, or loans of works of art
To promote public interest in art and its discourses by:
- presenting public programming such as lectures, screenings, workshops, and seminars
- providing adult, teen, and children’s art education
- producing art-related publications
To encourage those engaged in art practices by providing a venue for the:
of art and education/information relating to the arts.
GPAG is a registered non-profit organization.